Friday, October 07, 2005

3rd Day and still good.

Third day today. Not bad. Still going on strong. Maybe because am soo busy with the work. The negotiations is at a stage where we are still accelerating fast into a blind corner. I am not sure what's around the corner. Its like driving blind. I think we definitely speak different languages. And the translator is not every good. I think the client is ecpecting something different.

"Jump!"
"How high?"

That is what they are expecting. While we go something like this...

"Jump!"
"Why?"
"Just jump!"
"I need you to provide me some context. Why do you need me to jump?"
"Hey. I said jump. You are annoying me now"
"Wait a minute. I asked you why. You never give me an answer. Can I know if you want the whole team to jump or just me? What about your guys? They jumping too? Jump up on the same spot or jump of the cliff? Either way, you need to provide me some context. Tell me your objecive. I need to understand if jumping will actually resolve the issues that you face at hand. Once I determine that, I can recommend how high or how far I should jump and whether the other guys, including your team needs to jump too. So help me out herelah"
"Just shut the fuck up and jump. Don't play silly bugger with me son. I just feel like asking you to jump! Why can't you understand me?"
"Fuck you you bastard. I think you should jump. Not me. I got a contract. You have not even been confirmed in your employment as you just joined them last month."

Then a fist fight begins. And we both involuntarily fall of the fucking cliff.

What a scenario eh? [I invented the conversation above, naturally. Its not real - just in case some of you did not eat enough fish today].

I was giggling when writing the shit above. I am here waiting for them to come to a meeting and was told that they are waiting for me. So we are both waiting. Its just that they are waiting at their office, I am waiting at their other office. What a communication breakdown! Best consultant? Podah.

As I am writing this, I just realized its Friday. Thank God for that. I need some rest this weekend. So guys, anyone interested to buka puasa out of town? But you must puasa laaaaaa. I bet you 3/4 of you not fasting. Can we take an anonymous count please? How many of you puasa. Pixie sure tak punye. What for she is asking right now. Well, you go figure lah.

Today, I am supposed to have a leaving do with my old [indirect] boss at Bangsar. So if you see us in Bangsar, you know what its about. I am not sure if Zed's coming. Actually I am not sure if the client is coming given the invitation list - plus the fact that the leaving do is at a pub during the fasting month! Geeeeeeeez.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:44 PM

    Pixie....

    hehehe memang la me tak puasa... hehehheheheh best giler dapat makan segala-galanya especially lunch time....

    the best is i get to smoke when ever i want !!!!!! ahhhhh !!!! hehehehehehehheheh

    Hey jus kiddin... jagan terasa yea... its just a joke...

    So how's puasa going on la people? am sure you guys are used to it by now....

    when r we havin buka puasa party... damm the ayam percik in bangsar is just awesome......

    anyone going there? wei you guy gotta but me the ayam... i'm hungry!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 PM

    he man ..

    any good place for makan during this puasa month ? I have to take some client for buka puasa & honestly pretty sick of hotel food !

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. Mamak stall. Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete