Saturday, May 09, 2009

No Golf.

It has been a while since I last played golf. My wrist hurts still. Some form of Ulnaris Tendinitis or something. I miss it a lot. It gives me serenity from the real world (provided the mobile phone is switched off).

It's just you, your club and the ball. The swing is secondary. The focus, is primary. You have to visualize how you hit the ball and where it will land. In my case, it hardly ever lands where I want it to but the thought of it every single time before you swing it enthralling. Its weird really.

You focus on the ball. You absorb in the scenery. You smell the grass and the trees. You soak up the sun. You feel the breeze. You take a practice swing. You take a deep breath. You hit the ball. That's when reality hits. You just ain't good enough sometimes. Worse still, there are others who are just MUCH better than you. It feels like real life but yet its not and you don't care what others do. You care what you did. You live with your own frustrations - at least for 4-5 hours.


Wonderful. How I miss the golf.

[Damn, this wrist better get well soon]

No comments:

Post a Comment