Sunday, November 06, 2005

and now... back to work.

It has been a tiring past few days. The worst part is that I did not feel that it was Raya. Ok, felt a bit, especially on the eating bit but beyond that I was basically working. From the multiple 3 to 4 hour conference calls on a daily basis to the scrutiny of numbers in never-ending spreadsheets [should be spreadshits] - I was working. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. AM, PM, you name it.

Friends started calling to go out and I cannot even entertain. Its just too tough. I need a real break. Somewhere somehow though with all the negotiations going on, I have no idea when that is going to be possible.

The drive was okay. Hardly any cars on the road [relative speaking here] since I was driving past midnight. But I was not driving as fast as I normally do. Reading the increasing death toll on the roads was enough to put me off.

Some of the adverts on tv are amazing lah. Its pretty cool. Too bad these sorts of adverts only come out at this time of year.

The best kuih was at my mom's house today. It was amazing. Dunno how people can make those cookies stand out with the rest. Maybe because they dun skimp on the ingredients. Must get my mom's supplier next year.

Work begins [what??] tomorrow. I dun feel as if I have rested though. Its going to be a crazy week too. Dunno how this nego is going to pan out. I reckon the client will walk away. Some of the team members were working all day today at the office.

Lets wait and see. How about yours? What's your Raya like?

Pixie, you staring work with Catwoman soon kan? Good luck to you. [I mean it! Heh]

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    he man ..

    The week long holidays was pretty stressful 4 me too !! Funny thing is that holidays used 2 b fun 2 hv but now it's just tele-conferencing & work ! The wonders of technology! No f***ing peace !! pixie & catwoman working together huh ? what gives man ? Could this b a formula for disaster ??? ha ha just kidding !! Anyway all the best 2 pixie on her new job ! Do tell us about it soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. wish i could do that. but not with an ugly face like mine! blogging from my p900 here. just trying it out. pretty cool. at mmak now buying dinner. tomorrow will be another loooooooong day. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. u mean raya ads?

    which of the tv ads that you like best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The PETRONAS one coz I dun understand why they had to show a single dad and his daughter. I just dun get it... WHY? Can someone please explain it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:27 PM

    he man ..

    no need to fake chicken pox !! Got it 4 months back!took a whole month off. but seriously by the 2nd week it was work again at home .. sigh !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:47 PM

    he man ..

    2 of my favourite ad ... raya was the lady taxi driver that picked up a malay passenger kat KLIA yang konon.. stayed kat london for ' sepuluh.... hari' & deepavali is the 1 where a bunch of indian kids dressed as hip-hop rappers & having fancy names trying 2 impress a few girls kat bangsar until an old lady started to call them by the indian names.Fah-Nee !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup I agree with He Man. But can you tell me why the PETRONAS advert is as is? The two above you describe are EXTREMELY funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:19 PM

    he man...

    Petronas ad yang mana ? I cannot recall the ad la .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:57 PM

    pixie in da house...


    Thanks papa bear... for once ur nice....

    Like i said its not my career thingie... its just a job i need to make ends meet that all....

    i might actually enjoy and if i do i will stay....

    am still looking for a better job...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:11 AM

    he man ..

    hey pixie .. what the heck u do ? u make it sound like a torture to go to work ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. {Pixie} - You should just focus on your current task at hand which is to get to know the industry and what you need to do to succeed in the your next job. I have always wanted to open a recruitment firm. If you guys are successful, then maybe, just maybe...

    {He Man} - She is a slave of the corporation. She does sales, stocking and accounting all in one go. I think the stocking bit is taking its toll on her slim self... [maybe]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:42 AM

    he man..

    aren't we all a slave to one thing or another.. sigh!
    {pixie} - hang on there... papa bear is right.. learn & adapt & improve.. that's the way to go !

    ReplyDelete